Application Deadline: January 19th, 2020
The Alibaba Netpreneur Training program will provide Ethiopian entrepreneurs and business leaders an opportunity to learn and explore how to harness digital technology to positively transform their businesses and the local economy. The 10-day program in Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China, is organized by Alibaba Business School for mission-driven entrepreneurs and leaders in Ethiopia who are committed to building strong businesses for lasting success and contributing to the development of Ethiopia.
• Fundamental understanding of how new technology and the capabilities of a digital economy enable national development.
Key insights into the evolution of Alibaba’s ecosystem within a
country-wide context, including failures, mistakes, and best practices
through sharing’s from Alibaba’s founders and business leaders.
Key learnings from traditional businesses from a wide range of
industries who recently went through the digital transformation in
Field trips and interactions with leading businesses within Alibaba’s
ecosystem to provide first-hand insights into current innovations.
• A foundation of strategic thinking that will enable you to make improvements in your own businesses, industries, and ecosystem.
March 15 – March 25, 2020 at Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China
The training program welcomes founders, co-founders or business owners who are:
Mission-driven, passionate about progress in their home country and
willing to explore long-term solutions for developing the digital
Committed to building strong businesses for lasting success, but also to
creating communities that enable experience sharing and others to
Curious, pragmatic, and willing to adapt to the capabilities of new
technology in their home countries and tap into the global market.
You MUST be a founder/co-founder or business owner of an officially
registered venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years. Only
those who apply and pass our interview stage can attend the program in
• You MUST speak fluent English.
• You MUST provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer are preferred).
• You MUST provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
• Entrepreneurs and business leaders below 45 years old, female entrepreneurs and Ethiopian business owners are strongly encouraged to apply.
• 10-day program hosted at Alibaba’s campus in Hangzhou
• A lifelong learning and sharing experience
• Training Cost.
• Hotel accommodation (shared room).
• Field trip and site visit transportation costs.
• Daily meal allowance for breakfast (included in the hotel), lunch and dinner.
Not Covered (costs you must personally cover):
• Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China.
Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room
you will be required to cover the full cost yourself).
• Additional food or personal expenses.
For More Information: